Interpersonal Interview Essay
This is an assignment where you will choose either a classmate, co-worker, or friend to interview and then write a 300-word essay.
The questions I have provided are merely suggestions; you may use some of them, all of them, modifications of them, or completely ignore them and come up with your own.
- Interview your subject by asking as many questions as you feel will work for the essay
- I do not need to see your notes or know what questions you asked
- Write a 300-word essay that details your findings
The point of this exercise is to practice the art of one-on-one interviewing and conversation while gathering useful information on your subject – qualitative research – and then relaying the information you have gathered to an audience.
- As a child, did you have pets? Were any special to you?
- What were some of your first jobs? How much did you make?
- What did you like to do in your free time? What do you do now?
- Did you admire a famous person? What makes them admirable?
- What is your favorite movie or book, and why?
- What thing (s) do you find yourself doing that you said you’d “never” do.
- What is something that you are really proud of and why?
- What are the goals you are still working toward?
- If you could go back in history and meet anyone, who would it be and why?
- What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
- Did you have a nickname when you were younger?
- What were some things you and your friends did for fun as a child?
- What was something you did that was really scary?
- When did you first learn to drive? What kind of vehicle?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- What are some of your favorite things to do now?
- What do you like about your life today?
- Who is your favorite entertainer?
- If you could re-experience one thing in your life, what would it be?
- If you found $1000 right now, what would you do with it?
- What is your strongest attribute? What is your weakest?